SM58 Vocal Microphone
Tuned to accentuate the warmth and clarity of lead and back-up vocals, the SM58 is a legendary live vocal microphone known for its rugged reliability on tour.
- Handheld microphone ideal for live vocals
- Dynamic cartridge with cardioid polar pattern
- Available with or without a cable and On / Off switch, and available in wireless versions
- Includes SM58, microphone clip, storage bag, and user guide
The legendary Shure SM58 vocal microphone is designed for professional vocal use in live performance, sound reinforcement, and studio recording. Its tailored vocal response for sound is a world standard for singing or speech. A highly effective, built-in spherical filter minimizes wind and breath "pop" noise. A unidirectional (cardioid) pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise.
Rugged construction, a proven shock-mount system, and a steel mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the SM58 will perform consistently, outdoors or indoors.
Listen in the Shure Mic Lab
Listen to and compare instruments and vocal recordings from a wide selection of Shure microphones
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Replacement cartridge: R59
|Type||Dynamic (moving coil)|
|Frequency Response||50 to 15.000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
A25D Microphone ClipBreak resistant microphone clip that securely mounts the SM58, SM57, SM87A, Beta 87A, Beta 87C and all other microphones with 3/4-inch and larger handles to a standard microphone stand.
A55HM Snap-in "Shock Stopper" MountShock Stopper Isolation Mount/Swivel Adapter, Half Mount, for SM57, SM58, Beta 57A, Beta 58A, Beta 87A, Beta 87C or any Shure tapered handle mic.
A55M Shock Mount Microphone ClipIsolation mount and swivel adapter securely attaches Shure models SM57, SM58, SM86, Beta57A, Beta58A, Beta87A, and Beta87C to standard microphone stands.
A58WS Gray Microphone WindscreenReduces unwanted breath and wind noise. For use with all larger Shure "ball-type" microphones including the SM58, Beta58A, SM48, and the 565SD. Available in 6 colours; black, blue, gray, green, red, and yellow.
R59 Cartridge for SM58Replacement cartridge for the Shure SM58 microphone.
RK143G Factory Original SM58 Replacement GrilleFactory original replacement grille for the Shure SM58 wired microphone and SM58 wireless handheld transmitters.
File Language Type File Size The Unidyne Story (1939 to 2014) Brochure English 4.03 mb SM Microphone Product Brochure English 1.85 mb
File Language Type File Size SM58 CAD Drawing English ZIP 18.5 kb
File Language Type File Size SM58 Specification Sheet English 92.5 kb
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.