Sound Isolating™ Earphones
Quad High-Definition MicroDrivers
The SE846 delivers extended high-end clarity and unparalleled low-end performance. Evolved from personal monitor technology road-tested by pro musicians and fine-tuned by Shure engineers, the SE846 features a patent-pending design that includes a groundbreaking low-pass filter. This technology enables the deep low-end performance of a true subwoofer without sacrificing clarity or detail of mids or highs.
Comfortable Sound Isolating sleeves block up to 37 dB of ambient noise, whether onstage or on-the-go.
Customizable frequency response, detachable cables, and a wide variety of accessories ensure an unequalled, perfectly tailored listening experience for the most discerning audio enthusiast.
Custom sleeves are available for use with Shure Sound Isolating™ Earphones through a partnership between Shure and Sensaphonics.
- Earphone and Headphone Brochure (PDF)
- SE846 Earphones User Guide (PDF)
- Related Links
- The Making of the SE846: An Interview with Sean Sullivan
- Music Phone Accessory Cables
QUAD HIGH-DEFINITION MICRODRIVERS WITH TRUE SUBWOOFER
- For extended high-end clarity and unparalleled low-end performance
- Four custom-engineered, balanced armature drivers tailored to blend precisely with each other
- Three-way system configuration for dedicated low-, mid-, and high-frequency distribution
PATENT-PENDING DESIGN FOR UNPARALLELED LOW END
- Groundbreaking low-pass filter enables low-end rolloff at ~3 dB at 90 Hz (~10 dB at 250 Hz)—the previously unattainable deep low-end performance of a true subwoofer—without sacrificing clarity or detail
- Ten precision-welded, stainless steel plates form 4 inches of high acoustic mass pathway, naturally enabling low frequency rolloff to begin at about 75 Hz without distortion or artifacts
UNMATCHED PERSONALIZATION AND COMFORT
- Customizable Frequency Response
- Adjustable sound signatures via changeable nozzle inserts and removable metal nozzle (balanced, warm, and bright options included)
- Ergonomic, Flexible Design
- Lightweight, low-profile shape with optimized nozzle angle designed to rest comfortably in the ear
- Over-the-ear configuration keeps cables out of the way
- Detachable Cable with Wireform Fit
- Durable Kevlar™ reinforced cables with formable wire ensure secure placement
- MMCX connector with lock-snap mechanism allows easy replacement and provides 360-degree rotation to optimize fit
- Two included cable lengths (46" and 64") for flexible wearing options
DURABLE, SOPHISTICATED DESIGN
- Comfortable Sound Isolating sleeves block up to 37 dB of ambient noise, whether onstage or on-the-go
- Removable cable and nozzle components ensure a long product life by providing easy and efficient cleaning and part replacement
- Rugged, ergonomic housing with sweat-resistant construction withstands the extremes of onstage or everyday wear
Crystal-clear housing allows a view of the precision-engineered, laser-etched components of the interior
- 114 dB SPL/mW
- Frequency Range
- 15 Hz–20 kHz
- Cable Style
- Detachable cables with wireform fit
- Cable Length
- 46" and 64"
- Detachable cable?
- Crystal Clear
- Speaker Type
- Quad High-Definition MicroDrivers
EAHRDCASE-CLEAR Road Case
Durable crush- and water-resistant road case features earphone polishing cloth. Included with SE846 earphones for their storage and transportation.
Black Foam Sleeves
For SE model earphones (except SE102MPA), SCL3, SCL4, SCL5, E3c, E4c, E5c, and E500 versions. Washable, reusable, tapered black foam sleeves available in 5-pair packs in S, M, and L.
Gray Soft Flex Sleeves
For SE model earphones (except SE102MPA), SCL3, SCL4, SCL5, E3c, E4c, E5c, and E500 versions. Reusable soft flex sleeves available in 5-pair packs in S, M, and L.
Yellow Foam Sleeves
For SE model earphones (except SE102MPA), SCL3, SCL4, SCL5, E3c, E4c, E5c, and E500 versions. Universal-fit, reusable, disposable foam sleeves available in 5-pair pack.
EAHCASE Oval Carrying Case
Zippered, oval hard-sided carrying case compatible with all Shure earphones. Included with SE425 and SE535 earphones.
EATFL1-6 Triple Flange Sleeves
For SE model earphones (except SE102MPA), SCL3, SCL4, SCL5, E3c, E4c, E5c, and E500 versions. Reusable silicone sleeves available in 3-pair pack.
EASCASE Oval Carrying Case
Zippered, oval soft-sided carrying case compatible with all Shure earphones. Included with SE215 and SE315 earphones.
EASQRZIPCASE-BLK Square Carrying Case
Zippered, square hard-sided carrying case compatible with all Shure earphones. Included with SE846 earphones.
EAC64CLS 64-Inch Clear Earphone Cable
Detachable 64" clear cable with a silver-color, nickel-plated MMCX connection. Included with SE846-CL earphones.
Earphone Accessory Cables
Transform detachable Shure earphones into a stereo mobile headset. For Apple products and other music-enabled phones.
EAC46CLS 46-Inch Clear Earphone Cable
Detachable 46" clear cable with a silver-color, nickel-plated MMCX connection. Included with SE846-CL earphones.