Sound Isolating™ Earphones
Quad High-Definition MicroDrivers
The SE846 delivers extended high-end clarity and unparalleled low-end performance. Evolved from personal monitor technology road-tested by pro musicians and fine-tuned by Shure engineers, the SE846 features a patent-pending design that includes a groundbreaking low-pass filter. This technology enables the deep low-end performance of a true subwoofer without sacrificing clarity or detail of mids or highs.
Comfortable Sound Isolating sleeves block up to 37 dB of ambient noise, whether onstage or on-the-go.
Customizable frequency response, detachable cables, and a wide variety of accessories ensure an unequalled, perfectly tailored listening experience for the most discerning audio enthusiast.
Custom sleeves are available for use with Shure Sound Isolating™ Earphones through a partnership between Shure and Sensaphonics.
- Earphone and Headphone Brochure (PDF)
- SE846 Exploded View (PDF)
- SE846 Earphones User Guide (PDF)
- Related Links
- The Making of the SE846: An Interview with Sean Sullivan
- Music Phone Accessory Cables
QUAD HIGH-DEFINITION MICRODRIVERS WITH TRUE SUBWOOFER
- For extended high-end clarity and unparalleled low-end performance
- Four custom-engineered, balanced armature drivers tailored to blend precisely with each other
- Three-way system configuration for dedicated low-, mid-, and high-frequency distribution
PATENT-PENDING DESIGN FOR UNPARALLELED LOW END
- Groundbreaking low-pass filter enables low-end rolloff at ~3 dB at 90 Hz (~10 dB at 250 Hz)—the previously unattainable deep low-end performance of a true subwoofer—without sacrificing clarity or detail
- Ten precision-welded, stainless steel plates form 4 inches of high acoustic mass pathway, naturally enabling low frequency rolloff to begin at about 75 Hz without distortion or artifacts
UNMATCHED PERSONALIZATION AND COMFORT
- Customizable Frequency Response
- Adjustable sound signatures via changeable nozzle inserts and removable metal nozzle (balanced, warm, and bright options included)
- Ergonomic, Flexible Design
- Lightweight, low-profile shape with optimized nozzle angle designed to rest comfortably in the ear
- Over-the-ear configuration keeps cables out of the way
- Detachable Cable with Wireform Fit
- Durable Kevlar™ reinforced cables with formable wire ensure secure placement
- MMCX connector with lock-snap mechanism allows easy replacement and provides 360-degree rotation to optimize fit
- Two included cable lengths (46" and 64") for flexible wearing options
DURABLE, SOPHISTICATED DESIGN
- Comfortable Sound Isolating sleeves block up to 37 dB of ambient noise, whether onstage or on-the-go
- Removable cable and nozzle components ensure a long product life by providing easy and efficient cleaning and part replacement
- Rugged, ergonomic housing with sweat-resistant construction withstands the extremes of onstage or everyday wear
Crystal-clear housing allows a view of the precision-engineered, laser-etched components of the interior
- 114 dB SPL/mW
- Frequency Range
- 15 Hz–20 kHz
- Cable Style
- Detachable cables with wireform fit
- Cable Length
- 46" and 64"
- Detachable cable?
- Crystal Clear
- Speaker Type
- Quad High-Definition MicroDrivers
Gray Soft Flex Sleeves
For SE model earphones (except SE102MPA), SCL3, SCL4, SCL5, E3c, E4c, E5c, and E500 versions. Reusable soft flex sleeves available in 5-pair packs in S, M, and L.
Earphone Accessory Cables
Transform detachable Shure earphones into a stereo mobile headset. For Apple products and other music-enabled phones.
Black Foam Sleeves
For SE model earphones (except SE102MPA), SCL3, SCL4, SCL5, E3c, E4c, E5c, and E500 versions. Washable, reusable, tapered black foam sleeves available in 5-pair packs in S, M, and L.
Detachable 46" clear cable with a silver-color, nickel-plated MMCX connection. Included with SE846-CL earphones.
Detachable 64" clear cable with a silver-color, nickel-plated MMCX connection. Included with SE846-CL earphones.
Zippered, oval hard-sided carrying case compatible with all Shure earphones. Included with SE425 and SE535 earphones.
Zippered, square hard-sided carrying case compatible with all Shure earphones. Included with SE846 earphones.
Durable crush- and water-resistant road case features earphone polishing cloth. Included with SE846 earphones for their storage and transportation.
Zippered, oval soft-sided carrying case compatible with all Shure earphones. Included with SE215 and SE315 earphones.
EATFL1-6 Triple Flange Sleeves
For SE model earphones (except SE102MPA), SCL3, SCL4, SCL5, E3c, E4c, E5c, and E500 versions. Reusable silicone sleeves available in 3-pair pack.
Yellow Foam Sleeves
For SE model earphones (except SE102MPA), SCL3, SCL4, SCL5, E3c, E4c, E5c, and E500 versions. Universal-fit, reusable, disposable foam sleeves available in 5-pair pack.