Quad High-Definition MicroDrivers
The SE846 delivers extended high-end clarity and unparalleled low-end performance. Evolved from personal monitor technology road-tested by pro musicians and fine-tuned by Shure engineers, the SE846 features a patent-pending design that includes a groundbreaking low-pass filter. This technology enables the deep low-end performance of a true subwoofer without sacrificing clarity or detail of mids or highs.
Comfortable Sound Isolating sleeves block up to 37 dB of ambient noise, whether onstage or on-the-go.
Customizable frequency response, detachable cables, and a wide variety of accessories ensure an unequalled, perfectly tailored listening experience for the most discerning audio enthusiast.
Custom sleeves are available for use with Shure Sound Isolating™ Earphones through a partnership between Shure and Sensaphonics.
QUAD HIGH-DEFINITION MICRODRIVERS WITH TRUE SUBWOOFER
- For extended high-end clarity and unparalleled low-end performance
- Four custom-engineered, balanced armature drivers tailored to blend precisely with each other
- Three-way system configuration for dedicated low-, mid-, and high-frequency distribution
PATENT-PENDING DESIGN FOR UNPARALLELED LOW END
- Groundbreaking low-pass filter enables low-end rolloff at ~3 dB at 90 Hz (~10 dB at 250 Hz)—the previously unattainable deep low-end performance of a true subwoofer—without sacrificing clarity or detail
- Ten precision-welded, stainless steel plates form 4 inches of high acoustic mass pathway, naturally enabling low frequency rolloff to begin at about 75 Hz without distortion or artifacts
UNMATCHED PERSONALIZATION AND COMFORT
- Customizable Frequency Response
- Adjustable sound signatures via changeable nozzle inserts and removable metal nozzle (balanced, warm, and bright options included)
- Ergonomic, Flexible Design
- Lightweight, low-profile shape with optimized nozzle angle designed to rest comfortably in the ear
- Over-the-ear configuration keeps cables out of the way
- Detachable Cable with Wireform Fit
- Durable Kevlar™ reinforced cables with formable wire ensure secure placement
- MMCX connector with lock-snap mechanism allows easy replacement and provides 360-degree rotation to optimize fit
- Two included cable lengths (46" and 64") for flexible wearing options
DURABLE, SOPHISTICATED DESIGN
- Comfortable Sound Isolating sleeves block up to 37 dB of ambient noise, whether onstage or on-the-go
- Removable cable and nozzle components ensure a long product life by providing easy and efficient cleaning and part replacement
- Rugged, ergonomic housing with sweat-resistant construction withstands the extremes of onstage or everyday wear
Crystal-clear housing allows a view of the precision-engineered, laser-etched components of the interior
|Sensitivity||114 dB SPL/mW|
|Frequency Range||15 Hz–20 kHz|
|Cable Style||Detachable cables with wireform fit|
|Cable Length||46" and 64"|
|Speaker Type||Quad High-Definition MicroDrivers|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
For SE model earphones (except SE102MPA), SCL3, SCL4, SCL5, E3c, E4c, E5c, and E500 versions. Washable, reusable, tapered black foam sleeves available in 5-pair packs in S, M, and L.from $19.99
EAC46CLS 46-Inch Clear Earphone Cable
Detachable 46" clear cable with a silver-color, nickel-plated MMCX connection. Included with SE846-CL earphones.
EAC64CLS 64-Inch Clear Earphone Cable
Detachable 64" clear cable with a silver-color, nickel-plated MMCX connection. Included with SE846-CL earphones.
EAHCASE Oval Carrying Case
Zippered, oval hard-sided carrying case compatible with all Shure earphones. Included with SE425 and SE535 earphones.from $14.99
EAHRDCASE-CLEAR Road Case
Durable crush- and water-resistant road case features earphone polishing cloth. Included with SE846 earphones for their storage and transportation.
Transform detachable Shure earphones into a stereo mobile headset. For Apple products and other music-enabled phones.from $49.99
EASCASE Oval Carrying Case
Zippered, oval soft-sided carrying case compatible with all Shure earphones. Included with SE215 and SE315 earphones.from $14.99
EASQRZIPCASE-BLK Square Carrying Case
Zippered, square hard-sided carrying case compatible with all Shure earphones. Included with SE846 earphones.
For SE model earphones (except SE102MPA), SCL3, SCL4, SCL5, E3c, E4c, E5c, and E500 versions. Reusable silicone sleeves available in 3-pair pack.from $9.99
Gray Soft Flex Sleeves
For SE model earphones (except SE102MPA), SCL3, SCL4, SCL5, E3c, E4c, E5c, and E500 versions. Reusable soft flex sleeves available in 5-pair packs in S, M, and L.
For SE model earphones (except SE102MPA), SCL3, SCL4, SCL5, E3c, E4c, E5c, and E500 versions. Universal-fit, reusable, disposable foam sleeves available in 5-pair pack.from $19.99
The SE846 Sound Isolating Earphones by Shure are amazing. I could stop right there but I can’t. Impossible... Read full text of Henry Rollins' review on our blog
I listen to music seriously. Most of my albums are 256-bit encoded. My daily in-ears are custom-molded... Read full text on Popular Mechanics
You guys know Shure; it’s best known as a microphone manufacturer, but millions of vinyl lovers have had long-term affairs with Shure’s phono cartridges. The company jumped into the earphone market in 1997 and focused on pro users—musicians and sound engineers—but audiophiles quickly got the word... Read full text on Sound & Vision
We're living in the golden age of headphone design. Never before has there been such a vast assortment of exceptional headphones available in every price class... Read full text on CNET's The Audiophiliac blog
The Shure SE846 are something of a rare breed. While there are a lot of expensive headphones available, there aren’t many expensive in-ear headphones. But Shure has a long history with excellent headphones, not to mention with microphones and other audio gear. Judging from the specs and design, the SE846 look like they could be very interesting... Read full text on Forbes
Shelling out $1,000 for earphones might sound like a lot — even crazy — but trust us, Shure's in-ear headphones are worth your paycheck. The Shure SE846 earphones are in a class of their own in terms of both audio quality and fit. In fact, the product delivers true sound isolation, similar to custom-made in-ear monitors... Read full text on Mashable
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.