The DIS-CCU Central Control Unit is the hub of the Microflex® Complete digital conference system.It provides convenient microphone control, audio routing, and interpretation when used with MXC-series, 6000-series, or 5900-series conference and discussion units. As shipped, the DIS-CCU supports up to 250 discussion units and 2 interpretation channels. With optional feature licenses and expansion hardware, the unit can support conference units serving up to 3,800 participants, 200 interpreters, and 31 interpretation channels.
The unit features 2 analog audio inputs for external sources such as wireless microphones or AV playback devices, and 8 analog audio outputs for connecting the audio from the conference system to a videoconferencing system, audio recorder, a sound reinforcement system for an audience, or a wireless language distribution system. Four DCS-LAN network ports deliver audio, data, and power to and from conference units and expansion components over shielded Cat5e network cables. A TCP/IP Ethernet connection provides access to an embedded browser-based interface for system configuration and control, integration with optional SW6000 Conference Management Software on a PC, or connection to a third-party room control system.
The functionality and capacity of the DIS-CCU can be expanded with optional feature licenses.
With Feature License FL6000, the DIS-CCU can be used with MXC-series or 6000-series conference units serving up to 250 participants and 4 languages and support for basic voting is included. Additional Feature Licenses enable support for up to 3,800 participants and 31 languages.
The embedded browser-based multi-lingual control interface that enables convenient system configuration and control from a computer or tablet. The interface includes separate addresses for Administrator, Chairman, and Display views, each of which can be password-protected. The Administrator address provides system configuration; the Chairman address allows control of participant microphones and the Speak/Request list; the Display address provides a view of the Speak and/or Request list for display on an external video monitor. In larger systems the EX 6010 Extension Unit, JB 6104 Junction Box, RP 6004 Repeater, or PI 6000 Power Kit may be added to provide additional power or cabling flexibility.
- Fully digital audio transmission of floor plus 31 interpretation channels and 8 conference microphone audio channels in a single digital bus cable structure using shielded CAT5e cables
- OLED display on the front enables the user to setup basic system configurations in terms of maximum number of speakers/requests, microphone operation mode, etc.
- TCP/IP Ethernet connection for web browser control, integration with optional SW 6000 software suite, or third party external control system (AMX, Crestron, etc.)
- Multi-language web browser for system configuration, microphone/request list control and basic operational parameters via tablet or computer
- Built-in seat table for attaching seat numbers and names to units using the web browser
- 2 Analog audio inputs
- 8 Analog audio outputs for distribution of audio from eight groups of units, the floor channel or the interpreter channels
- Connection for Emergency Evacuation Message (EEM) is available using ‘Audio In 2’ and a contact closure switch
- Firmware upgrade of the entire DCS 6000 system is possible via a PC
- Powers up to 60 units without additional power supply (depending on unit type)
- Long life, low-noise built-in temperature regulated fan
- Horizontal orientation of air stream for easy stacking of units in 19" racks
- External control possible via a ‘simple to use’ protocol for external control over Ethernet
- Using DCS-LAN, a proprietary high-speed all-digital audio channel, data and power bus
- Four DCS-LAN chains powered by one external PS CU power supply
- Versatile test program available for testing the system performance, the conference units and the interpreter sets
By uploading 'Feature Licenses' into the DIS-CCU the following additional features will be available:
- Control of microphone units serving up to 3,800 participants
- Voting (1- to 5-button, with or without attendance check)
In larger systems the EX 6010 Extension Unit, JB 6104 Junction Boxes, RP 6004 Repeater or PI-6000 Power Kit may be added to provide additional power or cabling flexibility.
EX 6010 Extension UnitAn extension power supply for increasing the systems capacity in the DDS 5900 or DCS 6000 Systems.
JB 6104 Junction BoxProvides four tap-outs from the daisy-chain while also providing a loop-through.
MXC-ACC-RIB Redundant Interface BoxEnables MXC-series conference units to be connected in a closed loop for additional system reliability.
PI-6000-XX DSC-LAN Power KitConsists of 1 PS-CCU-XX power supply and 1 PI-6000 power inserter which together provide additional power capacity to accommodate larger numbers of microphone units or extended cable runs. Works with MXC, DDS 5900 and DCS 6000 Systems.
PS-CCU Power SupplyDesigned for use with the DIS-CCU, CU 6105, and CU 6110 central control units. One PS-CCU Power Supply is included with select DIS-CCU models.
RP 6004 RepeaterSplits one DCS-LAN chain into four chains. The signal is regenerated to extend the maximum cable length.
Camera Control for the DDS 5900 system.
The Collaborate Automatic Video Switching System from 1 Beyond is an all-in-one package that i...
Replacement for CU 5905, CU 6105, CU 6110
The CU 5905 central unit is replaced by the DIS-CCU central control unit. The CU 61...
What is “Basic Voting” on the DIS-CCU?
The DIS-CCU with FL6000 Feature License enables basic voting without the requirement of using ...
Which DDS 5900 Flush-mount components do I need?
Central Control Unit 1 DIS-CCU central control unit with appropriate power supply for ...
DIS-CCU and DCS 6000 mode
You need to install the FL6000 Feature License on the DIS-CCU. Then DCS 6000 mode w...
DIS-CCU and 5900/6000 microphone units?
No. The DIS-CCU central control unit operates with either DDS 5900 Discussion Syste...
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.