For permanent installations that demand a sleek appearance, the DC 5900 F Flush Mount Discussion Unit offers a compact footprint with no visible wiring. The DC 5900 F uses an innovative modular design that provides numerous configuration options to suit a wide variety of applications.
The DC 5900 F is a modular unit consisting of several parts:
Connects to the front plate and features two DCS-LAN sockets and an audio connector for the loudspeaker
Front plate (two model variations)
- FP 5921 F: speech
- FP 5981 F: speech and interpretation channel selection
LS 5900 Loudspeaker
Compact loudspeaker with 1m cable
The following microphones can connect to the lockable XLR socket:
- GM 59xx
- GM 6xxx
- Shure MX405RLP, MX410RLP, and MX415RLP (requires AC 5901 XLR/Microflex adapter)
The overlay automatically determines the configuration of the unit as chairman or delegate. There are several overlay variations, each with one or more of the following functions:
- No buttons
- Speak: activate/deactivate the microphone
- Mute: temporarily mutes the audio
- Volume: adjustable headphone volume
- Channel selector: selects between interpretation channels for monitoring from the headphone
- Delegate off (chairman only): turns off all active delegate microphones
- Very small footprint
- Sleek, attractive styling
- “Plug-and-play” setup using “daisy-chain” topology and standard CAT5e cables
- Automatic unit configuration technology
- Two front plate options available with or without language selection
- Compatible with both DIS and Microflex gooseneck microphones
- Loudspeaker is a separate unit
Delivers all features and performance of the DDS 5900 system, such as:
- Four microphone operation modes
- Fully digital, encrypted audio
- Maximum 250 discussion units
- Support for two languages in addition to main “floor” language
AC 5901 AdapterXLR adapter for DC 5900 F which enables use with Shure Microflex® gooseneck microphones (pack of 5).
FP 5921 F Front PlateFront plate (speech only) with control panel and indicator lights.
FP 5921 F OL1 OverlayDelegate Overlay with Speak and Mute controls (pack of 5).
FP 5921 F OL2 OverlayDelegate Overlay with Speak control only (pack of 5).
FP 5921 F OL3 OverlayChairman Overlay with Speak and All Delegates Off controls (pack of 2).
FP 5921 F OL4 OverlayDelegate Overlay with no controls (pack of 5).
FP 5981 F Frontal PanelFront plate (speech and earphone monitoring) with control panel and indicator lights, 3.5mm earphone output jack, and volume control.
FP 5981 F OL5 OverlayDelegate Overlay with Speak, Mute, Language Selection, and Earphone Volume controls (pack of 5).
FP 5981 F OL6 OverlayDelegate Overlay with Speak, Language Selection, and Earphone Volume controls (pack of 5).
FP 5981 F OL7 OverlayChairman Overlay with Speak, All Delegates Off, Language Selection, and Earphone Volume controls (pack of 2).
LS 5900 F Speaker ModuleLoudspeaker Module (optional) for DC 5900 F
MX405, MX410 & MX415 Gooseneck MicrophonesModular gooseneck microphones offer a smart, professional look and accurate sound reproduction.System Diagram
- A base unit mounts securely in a round hole drilled in the table surface.
- A front plate – available with or without interpretation audio monitoring - attaches to the base unit.
- A button overlay attaches to the front plate, providing user controls and indicators.
- A gooseneck microphone plugs into the base unit, and can be locked in place.
- An optional loudspeaker mounts to the table, and provides sound reinforcement.
File Language Type File Size DDS 5900 Digital Discussion System Brochure English 1.31 mb
File Language Type File Size DC 5900F CAD Drawing English ZIP 244 kb
File Language Type File Size DC 5900 F Specification Sheet English 732 kb Spare Part Set DC 5900 F Specification Sheet English 367 kb
File Language Type File Size DDS 5900 User Guide
Which DDS 5900 Flush-mount components do I need?
Central Control Unit 1 DIS-CCU central control unit with appropriate power supply for ...
Does DC 5900 F include button overlays?
No, button overlays are not included. On the DC 5900 F, the button overlay that is ...
DIS MU 6040 D: Connecting a standard XLR microphone.
This is possible, but it requires a few additional components from Radio Design Labs. See the ...
DIS CDS4000 Conference Discussion System
As of January 1, 2013, Shure has taken over DIS distribution of two current product lines in t...
CU 5905 Power Up Delay
Yes, there is a lengthy delay between pressing the power button and the CU 5905 being ready fo...
Camera Control for the DDS 5900 system.
The Collaborate Automatic Video Switching System from 1 Beyond is an all-in-one package that i...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.