The DC 6990 P is a fully digital portable conference unit perfect for permanent or temporary meetings with speech, voting and/or language interpretation.
The unit features a built-in loudspeaker, a 3-pin XLR connector for a pluggable gooseneck microphone (sold separately), two channel selectors, two microphone buttons and a large 3.5 in. (89 mm) high resolution color touchscreen.
The touchscreen can be customized for one or two meeting participants to log-in and view text written in their own language, vote and select an interpretation listening channel. The user also has the ability view the active speaker list, agenda or voting results. This gives the flexibility for the meeting organizer to tailor the functionality of the unit to each and every meeting.
The unit can either be controlled by the delegates or remotely by the operator/conference chair. The gain/sensitivity of the microphone/loudspeaker can be remotely controlled by the operator. The microphone button is surrounded with an LED to indicate whether the unit is on (RED) or in the request-to-speak queue (GREEN).
The loudspeaker is automatically switched off when the microphone is activated to prevent acoustic feedback. When the unit is configured as a chairman, the second microphone button transforms to a priority override. The ingenious design of the unit is not only elegant but also provides the option to attach a nameplate or logo. The units can be easily daisy chained with F/UTP or U/FTP (shielded) CAT-5e cables (sold separately).
- Standard conference unit for chairmen, delegates and dual delegates
- 3.5 inch touch screen for user interaction
- Fully digital audio transmission
- Open cable topology with loop through connections in daisy chains
- DCS-LAN connection by use of F/UTP or U/FTP CAT 5e (or higher) cabling
- Maximum 3800 conference units per system
- Support for 4 microphone operation modes; Automatic, FIFO, Manual and VOX (voice activation)
- Support for 3 microphone interrupt ability modes enabling 'ping pong' mode
- Auto off of conference units
- Lockable XLR gooseneck microphone connector
- High-quality loudspeaker
- 2 channel selectors supporting the floor channel and 31 interpretation channels - 1 channel selector for chairmen/delegates units and 2 channel selectors for dual delegates units (on-screen)
- 2 headphone sockets
- 1 chip card reader
- Microphone and mute buttons
- Configurable left button for other functionality
- Exchangeable buttons for changing the button labels to other languages and other functionality
- Language selection for the user interface (on-screen)
- Speaker and request list (on-screen)
- Voting buttons for 3-button and 5-button voting sessions and attendance check (on-screen)
- Voting results (on-screen)
- Exclusive design and finish
By connecting a PC running the SW 6000 Conference Management Software additional features can be made available:
- Login with chip card or pin code (on-screen)
- Conference information (on-screen)
- Agenda (on-screen)
- Proxy voting (on-screen)
- Receive messages (on-screen)
|DCS 6000 Digital Conference System Brochure||English||641 kb|
|DC 6990P CAD Drawing||English||ZIP||4.28 mb|
|DC 6990 P Specification Sheet||English||393 kb|
|DC 6990 Language Upload User Guide||English||2.08 mb|
What is “Basic Voting” on the DIS-CCU?
The DIS-CCU with FL6000 Feature License enables basic voting without the requirement of using ...
DIS MU 6040 D: Connecting a standard XLR microphone.
This is possible, but it requires a few additional components from Radio Design Labs. See the ...
DIS CDS4000 Conference Discussion System
As of January 1, 2013, Shure has taken over DIS distribution of two current product lines in t...
CU 5905 Power Up Delay
Yes, there is a lengthy delay between pressing the power button and the CU 5905 being ready fo...
Camera Control for the DDS 5900 system.
The Collaborate Automatic Video Switching System from 1 Beyond is an all-in-one package that i...
Replacement for CU 5905, CU 6105, CU 6110
The CU 5905 central unit is replaced by the DIS-CCU central control unit. The CU 61...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.