The CU 5905 is the “brain” of the DDS 5900 system. It powers up to 60 discussion units, and can control up to 250 units. All units are connected to the DCS-LAN in daisy chains using shielded CAT 5e (or higher) F/UTP or U/FTP cables.
The CU features a fully digital audio transmission of the floor channel as well as two channels of interpretation. Up to 8 conference microphones can be open at the same time, which can also be assigned to four groups using a built-in Group matrix.
It also provides one analog audio input and four analog audio outputs. The four analog audio outputs are used for distribution of audio from the four groups of units, the floor channel or one of the two interpreter channels. This is used either for connection to external PA systems, for recording purposes or for connection to a wireless language distribution.
Connection for Emergency Input (EEM) is available using Analog Audio In 2 in combination with the contact closure switch. When activated the signal on Analog Audio In 2 will be available in the loudspeakers and in the headphones.
The menu on the front enables the user to setup basic system configurations like maximum number of speakers/requests, microphone operation mode, IP address, etc.
All system settings as well as microphone control are available in a web browser interface provided through TCP/IP communication which also allows for external control over Ethernet.
- DDS 5900 Digital Discussion System Brochure (PDF)
- CU 5905 CAD Drawing (ZIP)
- CU 5905 Specification Sheet (PDF)
- DDS 5900 User Guide (PDF)
- CU 5905 DC 5980 Firmware Release v 1.10.5 (ZIP)
- Fully digital audio transmission
- Support for 4 microphone operation modes; Automatic, FIFO Manual and VOX (Voice activated On/Off of the microphone)
- Support for delegate interrupt ability mode
- Auto Off of the microphones
- Powers up to 60 units without the use of additional power supply
- Control of up to 250 discussion units
- Connection of up to 32 interpreter units
- Up to 8 simultaneous open microphones
- Floor + 2 interpretation channels
- 4 analog audio outputs, configurable as group out or interpretation channels out
- DCS-LAN daisy chain topology with loop through connections or hot plug connection when using JB 6104 junction boxes
- DCS-LAN connection by use of CAT 5e (or higher) F/UTP or U/FTP cabling
- TCP/IP Ethernet connection for Web browser control and third part external control (AMX, Crestron etc.)
- Multi-language web browser for system configuration, microphone/request list control and basic operational parameters
- Built-in seat table for attaching seat numbers and names to units using the web browser
- Camera control by use of CP 7851 Camera Control System