A convenient solution for ENG and interview field recording, the VP68 provides a forgiving polar pattern for critical microphone positioning.
Featuring a condenser element, the VP68 is compatible with all Shure handheld wireless transmitters. Ideal for professional and mobile media production applications.
- Requires minimal positioning towards sound source (typically interview subjects)
- Excellent clarity for on-axis or off-axis sources
- Naturally minimized proximity effect
- Excellent performance in interior and exterior applications, with authentic ambient sounds captured to preserve context
- Works with most Shure wireless handheld transmitter systems with interchangeable microphone cartridge design (BLX and GLX-D systems are not compatible)
Interchangable Wireless Mic Elements - Model Numbers and Dimensions
As of January 2016, here are the Shure Interchangable capsules: RPW110 - PG58 Cardioid ...
Omnidirectional Mic Element for Shure Handheld Transmitter
NOTE: Not all Shure handheld transmitters have interchangeable mic elements. The Shure VP...
VP68 and RPW124 Specifications
RPW124 / VP68 General Specifications Transducer type: Electret - charged back plate ...
What is the difference between UHF and VHF frequencies?
Frequency Bands for Wireless Microphone Systems Every wireless microphone system transmits...
Troubleshoot wireless mic dropouts
Dropouts in wireless mics can be caused by many things, including antenna placement, bad anten...
What is "Squelch" on a wireless receiver?
Blog Posting about Squelch An circuit that is important to proper receiver behavior is ca...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.