NILES, IL and LAS VEGAS, NV April 11, 2011— Shure Incorporated is pleased to round out its new wireless videography offerings by introducing the VP68 Omnidirectional Wireless Capsule. The VP68 joins Shure’s other new wireless options for broadcast/media production: the UR5 Portable Receiver and UR3 Plug-on Transmitter.
The VP68 was developed for broadcast/media production professionals seeking superior Shure performance in an omnidirectional capsule for ENG and field recording of interviews.
“The VP68 is a great tool for any videographer or broadcast professional,” says Chad Wiggins, Category Manager for Wired Products at Shure. “Its omnidirectional polar pattern makes it perfect for interview applications. Even a novice can use it, as it doesn’t have to be pointed back and forth when there are multiple people speaking.”
The new Shure VP68 provides the clearest and cleanest on- and off-axis audio for even the most critical media production applications.
Unique features of the VP68:
- Requires minimal positioning toward sound source (typically interview subjects)
- Provides excellent clarity for on-axis or off-axis sources
- Offers excellent performance in interior and exterior applications
- Captures authentic ambient sounds to preserve context
- Works with all Shure wireless handheld transmitter systems with interchangeable microphone capsule design
Pricing and Availability
Pricing for the VP68 is TBD, and it will be available in summer 2011.