NILES, IL, January 19, 2012 — Shure Incorporated announced today the expansion of its headphone line with the Company’s first open-back models: the SRH1440 and SRH1840 Professional Open Back Headphones. Delivering on customer requests, Shure’s open-back headphones provide an alternate choice, designed for professional engineers who require a reference sound comparable to near-field monitors to achieve the best mix and production quality, and passionate audiophiles seeking an enhanced listening experience with professional sound quality. Leveraging superior sound, comfort, sleek design, and legendary Shure quality, the SRH1440 and SRH1840 are engineered to withstand the rigors of everyday use, while creating an exceptionally natural sound, wide stereo image, and increased depth of field.
The open-back, circumaural design of the new SRH models enables sound to move more freely and with minimal distortion. This contributes to increased audio fidelity and a unique listening experience when compared to closed-back headphones. Customers will now engage in a more immersive listening experience, whether at home or in a professional mastering or post/editing studio.
SRH1840: Unparalleled Acoustic Performance with Smooth, High-End Extension
The SRH1840 model features:
• Individually matched 40mm neodymium drivers for unparalleled acoustic performance with smooth, high-end extension
• Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy yoke and stainless steel grilles for enhanced durability and custom-crafted lightweight design
• Steel driver frame with a vented center pole piece to improve linearity and eliminate internal resonance for consistent performance at all listening levels
• Ergonomic dual-frame, padded headband is lightweight and fully adjustable for hours of listening comfort
SRH1440: Full Range Audio with Rich Bass and Detailed Highs
The SRH1440 model features:
• 40mm neodymium drivers, to deliver full-range audio with rich, controlled bass and detailed highs in a sleek, attractive design
• Optimized impedance for a direct connection to a wide range of portable audio devices
• A premium-padded headband with a steel frame for a comfortable fit
“As with our existing headphones, Shure developed these two new models with audio production and critical listening in mind,” said Matt Engstrom, Category Director for Monitoring Products at Shure. “All Shure earphones and headphones are designed to not color or change the sound, to give artists and engineers an accurate representation of their work. The SRH1840 and SRH1440 continue that tradition. They reveal every detail, no matter how subtle, making them an ideal fit for the most demanding audio applications.”
Both models feature a dual-side detachable cable with Kevlar® reinforced jacket and gold-plated MMCX connectors enabling secure connection and easy replacement. Other accessories include a storage case, replacement set of velour earpads, and an extra cable—promising years of uninterrupted listening enjoyment.
The SRH1440 and SRH1840 headphones carry a two-year limited warranty and will be available for purchase from select retailers beginning January 2012. For a complete list of where Shure products are sold, please visit www.shure.com.