NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOU CHANCES OF WINNING. The SHURE SUMMER CAMP Contest (the “Contest”) involves the submission of a photo on Instagram corresponding to the applicable weekly Theme (described below). This Contest is sponsored by Shure Incorporated (“Sponsor”), 5800 West Touhy Ave, Niles IL, 60714. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to Sponsor at the Promotion Address, not Instagram.
An individual participating in any aspect of this Contest is sometimes referred to in these Official Rules as an “entrant.” BY PARTICIPATING IN ANY ASPECT OF THIS CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES AND THE RULES, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES OF INSTAGRAM. FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE RULES, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES OF INSTAGRAM WILL VOID AN ENTRANT’S ENTRY IN THE CONTEST.
1. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and the provinces and territories Canada (excluding Quebec), who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry and eligible in accordance with these Official Rules Void in all other jurisdictions. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, advertising, and fulfillment agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of any such persons or entities are not eligible. For these Official Rules, “immediate family” means mother, step-mother, father, step-father, siblings, step-siblings, siblings, children, step-children, wards, grandparents, step-grandparents, domestic partners and spouses, including common law spouses, regardless of where they reside. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, provincial, territorial and local laws. Void where prohibited or where restricted by law in a manner inconsistent with these Official Rules.
AN ENTRANT’S ENTRY INTO THIS CONTEST IS A REPRESENTATION THAT THE ENTRANT HAS COMPLIED WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THAT THE ENTRANT IS OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS OR HER STATE, PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE, OR, IF YOUNGER THAN THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS OR HER STATE, PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE, THAT HE OR SHE IS 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND ENTERING THIS CONTEST WITH THE PERMISSION OF HIS OR HER PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN WHO AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN AGREEING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES FOR A MINOR YOUNGER THAN THE AGE OF MAJORITY BUT 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER (“MINOR ENTRANT”), YOU ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS OR HER ENTRY, INCLUDING ANY LEGAL LIABILITY THAT SUCH MINOR ENTRANT MAY INCUR.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 5:00:00 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) on July 24, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on August 20, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). This Contest is comprised of four (4) separate week-long periods, designated Contest Week One through Contest Week Four (each a “Contest Week”) and each with a corresponding theme (each a “Theme”). The Contest Weeks are as follows:
- Contest Week One: 5:00:00 p.m. CT on July 24, 2013 to 11:59:59 p.m. CT on July 30, 2013. The Contest Week One Theme is “Bonfire.”
- Contest Week Two: 12:00:00 a.m. CT on July 31, 2013 to 11:59:59 p.m. CT on August 6, 2013. The Contest Week Two Theme is “Spirit Day.”
- Contest Week Three: 12:00:00 a.m. CT on August 7, 2013 to 11:59:59 p.m. CT on August 13, 2013. The Contest Week Three Theme is “Field Trip.”
- Contest Week Four: 12:00:00 a.m. CT on August 14, 2013 to 11:59:59 p.m. CT on August 20, 2013. The Contest Week Four Theme is “The Big Show.”
Sponsor’s designated computer is the official time clock for this Contest. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt. Entries will only be considered in for the Contest Week for which they are entered.
3. RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS: By entering the Contest, you (and/or your parent or legal guardian if you are a Minor Entrant) acknowledge and agree that (a) your Submission will be viewed by the public, (b) you have read or had read to you these Official Rules, are in agreement with them and agree to be bound by them and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Contest Judges, which shall be final and binding in all matters related to the Contest, (c) you have received permission for the use of the likeness and image of all identifiable people appearing in your submitted photo (such photo, and any other content submitted in the Contest as an entry is referred to as the “Submission”). If a minor is pictured, you have the consent of the minor’s parent or legal guardian to appear in the Submission, and (d) to grant to Sponsor the rights contemplated in the Official Rules. By submitting a Submission in connection with the Contest you (and/or your parent or legal guardian if you are a Minor Entrant) represent and warrant to Sponsor that (i) your Submission is your own original work (i.e. is a photo taken by you) and is taken for this Contest and that you have the sole right to submit it to the Contest; (ii) your Submission does not violate in any way rights of third parties, including but not limited to copyright and other intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights; (iii) your Submission does not violate any applicable laws; (iv) you have obtained all necessary licenses or permissions from all applicable third parties required for the production and submission of the Submission in the Contest and use by Sponsor as contemplated in these Official Rules; (v) the posting and/or display of your Submission or other use by Sponsor or those deriving rights through Sponsor will not violate the rights of any parties or otherwise breach any provision of any applicable law or regulation; (vi) Sponsor has your irrevocable permission for the posting of any and all information included in your Submission in connection any permitted use of your Submission; (vii) use and posting of the Submission or any part of the Submission provided by you to Sponsor in any manner in connection with the Contest or as otherwise permitted by these Official Rules may be made without any notice, review, approval, consideration or compensation (except for any awarded prize as contemplated in these Official Rules), regardless of whether your Submission is a winning Submission; and (viii) Sponsor will not be held liable for any copying, re-posting or unlawful use of your Submission that may result with its posting.
By submitting your Submission to Sponsor in connection with the Contest you (and/or your parent or legal guardian if you are a Minor Entrant) agree to and thereby waive any and all moral rights that exist in your Submission and any derivative works made therefrom in favor of Sponsor. All entrants (and/or parents or legal guardians of Minor Entrants) hereby grant to Sponsor an non-exclusive, everlasting, royalty-free, assignable, irrevocable, unrestricted license to use, utilize, replicate, alter, adapt, modify, publish, perform, broadcast, translate, produce derivative works from, distribute, present, display, sublicense and exercise all copyright and other intellectual property and other rights with respect to each Submission, in whole or in part, worldwide and/or to include, in part or in whole, each Submission in other works in any media now known or later created, anywhere and forever, including in connection with promoting Sponsor without further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation. Except where legally prohibited, by submitting your Submission you (and/or your parent or legal guardian if you are a Minor Entrant) irrevocably agree that your name, city and state province or territory of residence may be used in connection with the permitted use of the rights contemplated by this paragraph. In Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, anyone appearing in the Submission (or the parent/legal guardian of any minors) may be required to execute and return consent forms / releases confirming the representations, warranties and grants of rights contemplated in the Official Rules.
4. TO ENTER:
(a) Follow the Instagram feed @shureinc on Instagram; and
(b) During the Contest Period, follow the instructions at Instagram to upload and submit your Submission showing your expression of the then-current Contest Week Theme, and the hashtag #CampShure
An Instagram account is free of charge and is required to upload a Submission. An Instagram account can be obtained at www.Instagram.com. Limit: five (5) entries per person and per Instagram account per Contest Week and Theme.
Submissions must comply with these Official Rules, including without limitation Section 3 (above), as well as Instagram’s rules applicable to content posted through the Instagram service. All Submissions must also be suitable for family audiences, for the nature of this contest, and not violate third party rights. Without limitation, this means that the Submission and anything accompanying the Submission (including, without limitation tags and captions) must not contain any material, words or images or other content that:
- is indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- contains profanity or sexual content;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms or weapons;
- promotes any third party product or service or otherwise contains commercial messages or endorsements regarding third party products or services;
- is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or Canada;
- has been copied or plagiarized. All Submissions must be the sole, original work of the designed entrant;
- is proprietary to a third party, contains any third party content, or otherwise defames, violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark or other identifier of source, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (whether living or deceased) (including but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Third Party Elements”). Therefore, clothing shown in the Submission should not contain any visible logos, trademarks, copyrighted images or text (entrant may obscure or obliterate any such identifiable items).
- appears to result in any injury or bodily harm; and/or
- is lewd or inappropriate or offensive or not in keeping with Sponsor’s image, including nudity, acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm or are otherwise objectionable to Sponsor.
Any Submission that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates any of the above or other prohibitions and/or representations or warranties of entrant will not be posted online (or may be removed if previously posted) and may be disqualified from the Contest. In the event that a Submission is edited, removed and/or disqualified, entrant (and/or your parent or legal guardian if you are a Minor Entrant) is not relieved from responsibility for compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for Submissions that do not comply with these Official Rules, including royalties or fees associated with use of Third Party Elements in Submissions.
Submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants and winners (and/or parent or legal guardian if a Minor Entrant) acknowledge and agree that Sponsor has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use or not use (or remove) Submissions in any way it sees fit and at any time without notification or further consent or payment of any kind.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: On or about the next Monday following the conclusion of a particular Contest Week, all eligible Submissions received in such just concluded Contest Week will be judged by marketing / communications professionals designated by Sponsor (such individuals are referred to as the “Contest Judges”). The Contest Judges will judge the Submissions based on the following judging criteria: (a) creativity and effectiveness of addressing the Theme for that Contest Week (70%) and (b) appropriateness of the photo caption for the Submission and the Theme for that Contest Week (30%).
In the event that there is a tie resulting in two or more Submissions being the top ranked Submission, the Contest Judges will re-judge those that are tied solely based on creatively and effectiveness of addressing the Theme (100%). By participating, entrants (and/or parents or legal guardians if a Minor Entrant) agree to the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Contest Judges with respect to judging and awarding of any prize, as applicable, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
The entrant who submitted the top ranked Submission will be deemed the selected entrant for that Contest Week and will be notified via direct message on Instagram. To be confirmed a winner, the selected entrant (and/or parent/legal guardian if Minor Entrant) will be required to sign and return within ten (10) days of notification attempt, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted by law) and affirmation of assignment of rights (the “Affidavit”) or, if selected entrant is a Canadian resident, a Declaration of Compliance with Contest Rules and Liability and Publicity Release (“Declaration”) within twenty-one (21) days of notification attempt. Parents or legal guardians of a Minor Entrant must also complete, sign and return any other documentation or release forms required to allow the selected Minor Entrant to be confirmed a winner. If any selected entrant is unable to be confirmed a winner as above, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, his/her entitlement to a prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant. Following timely receipt of the Affidavit or Declaration (as applicable) and confirmation by the Contest Judges of compliance with the Official Rules, a selected entrant will be confirmed a winner for the particular Contest Week and will receive the applicable prize for the corresponding Contest Week (see Section 6, below).
Except where prohibited by law, in consideration of the prize, each prize winner (and/or parent or legal guardian if a Minor Entrant) further grants to Sponsor the right to use such prize winner’s name, photograph, voice, likeness and city of residence in any and all forms of media for purposes of advertising or promoting and publicizing the efforts and activities of Sponsor and the Contest without further notice, review, compensation, or approval and to release his or her name to persons requesting the names of the winners in the Contest. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the Contest Judges may choose to deem the entry to have been made by the “Assigned Account Holder,” that is, the individual person who is assigned the Instagram account corresponding to the entry.
6. PRIZES: For each Contest Week, one (1) prize will be awarded to the entrant who is confirmed the winner from entries for that Contest Week (see Section 5, above). The prizes are as follows: Contest Week One - SM58+X2u USB Digital Bundle (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) US$199.00); Contest Week Two – Shure Clothing and Promotional Gear includes one (1) Baseball Hat (ARV US$6.20), one (1) Shure T-Shirt (ARV US$7.20), one (1) SM58 T-Shirt (ARV US$12.50), one (1) 55SH T-Shirt (ARV US$12.50), and one (1) Shure Mechanic’s Shirt (ARV US$20.00); Contest Week Three – one (1) SRH840 Headphones (ARV US$199.00); Contest Week Four - one (1) Special Edition Super 55 Microphone (ARV US$249.99). Prizes are nontransferable and no exchange, assignment or substitution of prize by winner is allowed. Prizes are non-refundable, not convertible to cash, and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Sponsor may substitute a prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value (based on the ARV of the prize as stated in these Official Rule), including without limitation, a cash award, in its sole and absolute discretion, if the prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Sponsor and the Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of prize or participation in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to request from any entrant additional documentation it reasonably believes is necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, to validate any Submission or to award any prize. All federal, state, local, municipal, territorial and provincial taxes and any expenses, costs, duties or fees associated with the acceptance, delivery and/or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner (and/or parent or legal guardian if a Minor Entrant).
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor and the Promotion Parties are not responsible for: technical, hardware, software, Internet, website or telephone malfunctions of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or failed, undelivered, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, mutilated, misdirected or delayed Submissions or electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Submissions in this Contest, including using the incorrect hashtag with Submissions; any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in any Contest-related materials howsoever caused; or any liability for damage or injury to any computer system resulting from or related to participation in, or accessing or downloading information or applications in connection with this Contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest process, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to amend the Official Rules at any time or cancel the Contest and determine the winner by having the Contest Judges judge from among all eligible Submissions received prior to cancellation, based on the judging criteria listed above. If a court of competent jurisdiction deems any provision of these Official Rules invalid or unenforceable, such provisions shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted and the remaining provisions of the Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect.
8. UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use or attempt to use multiple e-mail or Instagram accounts or other tactics to enter more than the stated limit of this Contest may result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: BY PARTICIPATING IN ANY ASPECT OF THE CONTEST, YOU (AND/OR YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IF YOU ARE A MINOR ENTRANT) AGREE TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, CONTEST JUDGES, THE PROMOTION PARTIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND ASSIGNS, MEMBERS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, PARTICIPATION OR ATTEMPTED PARTICIPATION IN ANY PART OF THE CONTEST (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PREPARING FOR OR PARTICIPATING IN OR SUBMITTING ANY ENTRY AND/OR FROM ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY) OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST, THE SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION OF WINNERS AND THE AWARDING AND USE OF PRIZES, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, AND INCLUDING AS SET OUT IN SECTION 7 ABOVE. EACH ENTRANT (AND/OR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IF A MINOR ENTRANT) FURTHER AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE RELEASED PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES AND EACH ENTRANT (AND/OR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IF A MINOR ENTRANT) WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. YOU (AND/OR YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IF YOU ARE A MINOR ENTRANT) HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS AND RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF RIGHT TO PRIVACY, PUBLICITY OR PERSONALITY OR ANY SIMILAR MATTER, RELATING TO THE CONTEST, THE OPERATION THEREOF, OR ANY SUBMISSION, OR BASED UPON OR RELATING TO THE USE AND EXPLOITATION OF THE SUBMISSION AS CONTEMPLATED HEREIN, OR USE IN COMPOSITE FORM, EITHER INTENTIONALLY OR OTHERWISE.
All entrants (and/or parents or legal guardians for Minor Entrants) hereby acknowledge that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, condition, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by any prize supplier that may accompany a prize.
10. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, for U.S. entrants, and the laws of the Province of Ontario (and all federal laws, as applicable) for Canadian entrants. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Chicago, Illinois USA, for U.S. entrants, and by a provincial or federal court located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada , for Canadian entrants. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Illinois or Province of Ontario and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Illinois or Province of Ontario, as the case may be.
11. WINNERS LIST: To receive a copy of the Winner’s List by mail, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (except where not required by applicable law) to: Sponsor at the Contest Address. Limit one request per outer mailer which should be marked “Winners List Request.” Requests must be received by December 31, 2013.
Your Instagram username along with your photo, will appear on Instagram, and may also appear in Sponsor’s promotional materials.
You must have consent from the people in your Submission to appear in the photograph, which will be displayed publicly, including on the Instagram website and in Sponsor’s promotional materials.
13. Rules Govern: This Contest will be run in accordance with these Official Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor. The Official Rules posted on
shall govern in the event of any inconsistency with other Contest-related materials.