NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The Headphone & Earphone Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored and administered by Shure Incorporated (the “Sponsor”), 5800 West Touhy Ave., Niles, IL 60714, Attn: Market Research Department (the “Sweepstakes Address”). Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes a participant’s agreement to be bound by these Official Rules.
1. Dates. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 am Central Time on May 4, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 pm Central Time on June 30, 2017 (the “Entry Period”).
2. Eligibility and How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes you must have received a Headphone & Earphone Survey notification (the “Survey Notification”) from Sponsor containing a link to a survey (the “Survey”) at
(the “Survey Site”). Entry in the Sweepstakes is limited to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia as well as Canada (excluding the province of Quebec), 18 years or older who are not an employee, officer or director of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies or involved in the development or Sponsor’s execution of the Survey or Sweepstakes or an immediate family member of or household resident with such persons.
To enter the Sweepstakes by means of the Survey Site, potential entrants must complete and submit the Survey during the Entry Period by following the prompts at the Survey Site. By completing and submitting the Survey at the Survey Site during the Entry Period, an individual will be entered to win the Prize described below, subject to compliance with the Official Rules. An entry will be deemed submitted when it is received by Sponsor. For purposes of these Official Rules an online entry is received when Sponsor’s servers record the entry following the completion of the Survey at the Survey Site. Any automated computer receipt does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules. An entrant must be the registered subscriber of the email account to which the Survey Notification was originally sent by Sponsor.
Limit one entry per person regardless of means of entry. Online entries must be received by the end of the Entry Period. For additional copies of the Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope (except where not required by law) by first class mail to: Official Rules Headphone & Earphone Survey Sweepstakes at the Sweepstakes Address. Official Rules will also be accessible at or from the Survey Site during the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any computer, software, online, Internet or technological malfunctions or for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed, mutilated, postage-due or misdirected mail, correspondence, requests, claims or other errors or problems in connection with or relating to the Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as contemplated in the Official Rules, including if due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, technical or other failures or events which compromise the administration or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to terminate or modify the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant who has entered via the Survey Site, entries will be declared to have been made by the “Assigned Account Holder,” that is, the individual person who is assigned the email address corresponding to the winning entry. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. Sponsor and Sweepstakes judges designated by Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry procedure or the Survey Site or violates these Official Rules.
To enter without completing the survey, an individual who is an eligible entrants in accordance with these Official Rules may enter by hand-printing his or her name, mailing address, telephone number, complete email address, and the URL address specified for the Survey Site above on a 3” x 5” index card, and sending it by postage paid mail to: Headphone & Earphone Satisfaction Survey at the Sweepstakes Address. Limit one index card submitted per outside envelope. Mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Entry Period and received within 7 days of the end of the Entry Period.
3. Prizes. After applicable verification and subject to compliance with these Official Rules, 3 prize winners (each a “Winner”) will receive the following: one $100 Visa Gift Card (each a “Prize”)). No transfer or substitution of prizes permitted except where required by law. If a Prize becomes unavailable, the Sponsor may award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Odds of winning a Prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Taxes on a Prize and expenses related to acceptance, delivery and use of a Prize are the sole responsibility of the applicable Prize Winner. Any lost or stolen Prize will not be replaced by Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection and Notification. A tentative Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about July 12, 2017 (the “Drawing Date”) and conducted by Sponsor. Such tentative winner will be notified via Certified U.S. Mail and/or telephone and/or e-mail within fifteen (15) days of the Drawing Date. Such notified person, at his or her sole discretion, may disclaim a Prize by not claiming such Prize or by not completing and returning to Sponsor, the Sponsor’s Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification and in such case an alternate tentative Prize winner will be selected and this process will be repeated until such time as a tentative Prize winner completes and returns to Sponsor the Sponsor’s Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification. At such time, subject to verification by the Sweepstakes Sponsor’s designated Judges, a tentative Prize winner will be deemed the Prize Winner. Except where prohibited by law, the Prize Winner further grants to the Sponsor the right to release his or her name to persons requesting the names of the winners of the Sweepstakes. Non-compliance or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If required under applicable law, Canadian residents must correctly answer an arithmetic skill test question to claim a Prize.
5. Name of Winner. For the name of the Prize Winner, available until sixty (60) days from the Drawing Date, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (except where not required by applicable law) to: Headphone & Earphone Survey Sweepstakes Winner’s List at the Sweepstakes Address.
7. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND THOSE INVOLVED IN THE PLANNING AND EXECUTION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ITS AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, AND THE JUDGES (THE “SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH. EACH PARTICIPANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES AND EACH PARTICIPANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. THE RESPECTIVE WINNERS OF ANY PRIZE SHALL BEAR ALL RISK OF LOSS OR DAMAGE TO THE PRIZE AFTER IT HAS BEEN DELIVERED OR MADE AVAILABLE.
8. Disputes. Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois or the appropriate State Court of the State of Illinois located in Chicago, Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
9. Conduct. By entering into this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges and the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Sweepstakes is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.